Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Twirling Through the Blues...

Lately....I've been so very busy, but really haven't done much of anything. Does that make sense?

I felt a bit blue for a few days...



But, I learned a long time ago to "twirl through the blues"...



When I was a little girl, I remember my dad telling me "Well Babe, why don't you slow down?" I was a whirlwind of a child, and from what my husband tells me, I am still a whirlwind.

We all have "ups and downs." We all get a bit blue sometimes. Maybe even for no apparent reason. I found myself a bit sad a few days ago, because of a broken bowl...



Awwww, my baby bowl broke. I adored this little Depression glass bowl. My mom fed me from it when I was a baby, and I fed all three of my little ones from it, as well. But alas ~ it is only a bowl. It's the memories that are cherished, yes?

I do believe the season played a part in my short-lived spell with the blues. On these bright and breezy days of May, I find myself soaked in melancholy ~ reminiscing about days gone by. Days when my kids were younger and care free...



Long, sunny days filled with play time and nature studies. All 3 of my kids learned outside of school, so we always took advantage of a learning moment...



Days when we still took our yearly summer trips up and back on I-40. Each year we traveled by a little church in a town called Cuervo, in New Mexico. Oh I am wild about that church...



I had a dream just a few nights ago about the little church in Cuervo, New Mexico. The next morning, I woke up feeling melancholy.

But in the broad scheme of my Everydays, life is good.

Small gifts of flavor to look forward to (it won't be long until we'll have Boysenberry Pie)...



Tart, purple goodness that even Homer can't resist...



The warmth of the sun...



on my highfalutin' cat...



I am blessed in ever so many ways.

Aromas and flavors and gifts from the heart...



Lovely, sticky, homemade Cinnamon Rolls. A treat made by my daughter for Mother's Day...



A friend, a fellow artist, a blessing in my life...



Soon, we'll be attending The Kindred Spirits art exhibit together...



I have the daily pleasure of walking out my front door to the scent of these pearl-white roses...



Blooming to the sky and only on their second year in my flower beds!

I find myself grateful everyday of the world ~ grateful to be able to work from home, creating and dabbling in my art...



Grateful for the connections and friendships that I've made with other artists.

So....although we all feel a bit blue every now and again...



Before you know it, you'll be dancing and twirling...



And the evening will bring a thrill to your heart and a Johnny Appleseed Sky...



And all will be right with your world.


Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

5 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Life has it's highs and lows Kim, for sure. I have good days and bad days too. Thankfully I am lucky enough to be able to shake off the blue! I love this piece of yours. The words are soooo fitting!! I just adore it! There are a lot of things to smile about in this post. I envy you being able to go to that Artist's Seminar. How lucky are you! xxoo

Caterina Giglio said...

emotions come and go, but the beauty remains! love your photos just gorgeous!!

Carol Anne Strange said...

All is well and all will be well, Kim. A thoughtful post and a time for quiet reflection. Much love. xx
PS ~ Love the sound of the Kindred Spirits exhibition. Enjoy!

Laura Irrgang said...

Hello there----hope your blues are dissipating!

I went for a long walk with my dog this morning and picked blackberries. There's nothing cuter than a dog with berry stains, huh?

Hey---those really large blue morning glories....did you plant those from seed or from a starter plant? I've been planting the seed packets for years but haven't been able to find that deep bluey indigo color. Any advice?

Amy said...

What a great post, pictures and words.
Amy