Friday, September 10, 2010

Feeling a Bit Melancholy (But I Mean That In a Good Way) ~

Have you ever felt melancholy during the change of season? Autumn is my favorite season of all, but I still feel a bit low at Summer's end. There are smells all about me right now that signal the oncoming Fall season...a dampness in the soil, the last hint of Lavendar ~



A late Summer garden visitor, sharing her beauty and snacking on sugar water from the Hummingbird feeder ~



There's a particular glare that comes with the change as well. Everything is dreamy yellow. As I say good-bye to Summer, I find myself anxiously awaiting the first peek-a-boo of turning leaves....scarlett, orange and coral. Natures passion, her fiery gift of color ~



Soon, it will be time to carve Jack-O-Lanterns ~





and feast on generous amounts of candy ~



But for today, as I await the Fall with open arms, I will allow myself just a bit of self-indulgent melancholy.

Memories of beach days ~



and bare feet ~



Along with the changing season comes a busy schedule for me.

I have 2 collages ~





and a doll ~



in a local Gallery House show, and one secret project that I can't mention! :)

Ohhh...and something that I am over the moon excited about...my friend, Shell, and I are attending our Orientation meeting for The Art of Elysium. We will be donating our time, as artists, to Los Angeles area hospitals working with chronically and terminally ill children. This is something that I have wanted to do for ever so long. It will be difficult, heartbreaking and rewarding all at once. I hope very much that I will be able to be a positive light in the lives of these children.

Ohhh...and may I just go ahead and market a wee bit? I'm having a BOGO (Buy One Get One Free) sale in Gerushia's Etsy Shop. All 4" x 6" prints are BOGO. With the holidays just around the corner, this is a great time to buy art for gifts! Take advantage of the sale, if you like.

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

3 comments:

murkeyjane said...

What a beautiful blog post! As for the meloncholy, well, I am right there with you. I love the season, but I know what's coming.

Marie Rayner said...

Autumn makes me a bit melancholy as well Kim. What a worthwhile cause that sounds for you to be donating your time and efforts to. Well done! xxoo

Cherie said...

Certainly always feel that way too...sad and sweet, melancholy time of year!

Haven't seen your work in a long time and it's as awesome as ever! I don't spend much time at the eBay group anymore, but I am at FaceBook, and Twitter...see you there!

Now I'm going to browse around your lovely blog, Blessings!

Cherie