Thursday, September 10, 2015

Hopefulness, Art, Fear, Thankfulness, Life, Darkness....

I hardly know where to start.

Life has surely pitched my family a curve ball.

You see, my husband was laid off in December of 2013.

He was unemployed from December through the end of July 2014.

He took a less than perfect job, because, let's be serious, that's better than unemployment.

He worked there for just over 7 months when that company restructured.

In early March 2015, he was laid off again.

Currently, he is still unemployed.

During this time, I have helped to keep food on the table with my Art Shop ~


So.....I don't know what the future holds.
But, no one really knows, do they?

I try to stay focused.

And grateful.

Grateful for those dreamy days that are far and few between....

Tea time with a friend ~ 



Quiet days in my studio....working through the worry ~ 



Staying focused ~ 



Thankful for friends that share their bounty ~



Working working working on new art ~



















Savoring sweet moments ~ 



....and working hard to make ends meet.

I just recently, (finally) introduced blank inside note cards into both my shops ~
(Still trying to perfect taking artistic photos of my note cards). 

You can find note cards with my art in my Art Shop ~








You can find lovely gardeny note cards in my Photography Shop









This is a rough patch...to say the least.

I have learned a lot...

Especially this ~ 



I have also learned  that, even in the most difficult, dark times....

There can be fun things.

Good things.

I am so happy to say that The Press Enterprise (an Inland Empire newspaper in the Southern California area) interviewed me for their "Artist Spotlight" this week ~  ARTIST SPOTLIGHT

They even included a slide show of my work  ~ SLIDE SHOW

My daughter was so patient last week....

Snapping a gajillion photos to get one single artist photo of me for the spotlight  ~ 



I see the tiredness in my eyes and the hardness in my smile.
And fear.

But....I see gratefulness too.
And a bit of hope.
 And thankfulness.


Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World



3 comments:

shell-rose creations said...

Congratulations on the article! Thanks for mentioning me. It was so wonderful to have your help on that project. I couldn't have gotten it all together without you. ..and all of the artists who donated their art. I hope to hear of many new opportunities opening up to you soon!

Deborah said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear of the adversities in your life. As long as there is life, there is hope. Hold on to hope. Sending you all my love on the wings of a desert sparrow.
Deborah

Vanessa said...

Kim, your artist spotlight was gorgeous, truly lovely. And you look so beautiful in your photo. I thought, awe she looks so pretty before I even read how you see/feel yourself. I see hope and promise in your eyes & lovely smile. I know it's time for things to turn around, I know it in my heart. It will, I hope and pray. Your work is so beautiful. It always amazes me and I adore seeing pieces in person because they take the art of collage to another level. And your stories and vision combined with your art, incredible. Lots of love, V