Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clara and Lucy's Curious Visitors ~

It was a  warm summer morning...heading into the kind of day that blankets you in furnace heat and dampness. Clara and Lucy were off for a walk. 



Oh they had a lovely time, each wearing their sun hats and pretty lace up boots. They strolled by the creek, picked bouquets of wild flowers and had a taste of Mr. Stepp's plump and purple Huckleberries. 

Clara and Lucy were the best of friends, they were sisters. They both had dreams of great adventures and spent hours telling each other stories. 

As Clara and Lucy made their way back up the dirt road that led to their little wooden house, they skipped and held hands...they were so happy to be together. But, as they arrived back home, something felt askew ~ static air and a yellowing sky...they each broke out in goosebumps and were so very curious. "We have visitors" said Clara. "Yes, but who are they?" asked Lucy.................................     



Now   ~   the end of the story belongs to you ~




You can find this brand new print in my shop by clicking right HERE.

"Clara and Lucy's Curious Visitors" is an older piece, but it has never been offered in my current shop. So....I figured today was a good day to do so.  It is a simple piece but has great sentimental value to me.  And....it prints up super nice!

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S.  It's hot outside!!!

2 comments:

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I don't like unexpected visitors, BUT I love your work! I am so curious about the person in the yellow dunce hat. I wonder how Clara and Lucy feel about her.

Stay cool! It's super hot here, too!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Beyond hot, as you well know form e-mails :)

I love Clara and Lucy. And I love all the tales within the tales of all your pieces!!!

Yummmms!

Love, V