Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Minervia's Telling Secrets and Old is New Again ~

Good Morning:

What a busy day I have ahead of me.  Busy in a good way.  We have another birthday in my house today, so I will be heading off to make a cake very soon.

It's still hot in this dry and dusty place that I call home...but, not as bad as it was a few days ago.  I am thankful for the little relief we're getting!


So...this weekend, I decided to pull an old cabinet and vintage window out of the garage.  The cabinet used to sit in my family room ~ 





but that room is now serving a different purpose, so this pretty little hutch/cabinet has been living in the garage since 2008.  

I also have a beautiful big window that came from a local vintage home.  Some of the panes are missing, and the remaining panes are in bad shape, so, I'm taking the panes out.  I think the cabinet and the window will look fabulous together in my studio ~ 


My intentions are to collect 6 pieces of small format art from some of my favorite artists, frame them each in a different frame...a hodgepodge, and hang one piece of art in each section of the window.  I think it will be dreamy!

Oh my goodness, such a busy day today.  

Ohhh...I just finished a new piece last night.  It's been awhile since I worked with my rabbity models!  I adore working with rabbits.  Actually, I adore rabbits altogether!  Anyway, here's the new piece...

"The Guardian of Minervia's Secrets"



I think I rather like this piece.  I love it when my rabbity models wear yellow striped stockings.  I wish I had a pair of yellow striped stockings!

Well, if you are interested in this new original, you can click right HERE and it will take you directly to the listing in my Zibbet Shop.

I am off.  Such a busy busy crazy busy day.  

Guess what I'm making for the birthday dinner...Yep, homemade Chicken Pie.  I love it, but I only have a small portion because it is full of goodness and calories!!


I still love my old green Jadeite baking dishes.  They are tried and true, that's for sure.

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S.  Minervia has a secret, but she won't tell me what it is!  Shameful.

3 comments:

shell-rose creations said...

Hmph! I tried to comment and it didn't go through, but may be on my end.

I was saying, I love your new bunny work, and especially their stockings!

That chicken pie looks scrumptious!

Gerushia's New World said...

Ohhh, your comment did go through, Shell.

Thank you for popping in and having a look. One of these cold winter days, I'm gonna have you over for Chicken Pie and Mimosas!

xoxo
Kim

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I LOVE your cabinet and window! I think the art will look great in the panes!

Your rabbity art is really great and they're striped socks are AWESOME!

Chicken pie looks delish. I wouldn't be able to have just a little bit... I would have a lot bit.