Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Stubborn Woodpecker and the Coming of Autumn

Although the staggering furnace of dry and hot wind will soon show it's ugliness, the morning is proving to be refreshingly cool. There is a glow in the air that pulls my heart into the soft and impending Autumn. My little garden is ignorant of the season, and still believes in Springtime...



Birds are dancing and singing all about, taking advantage of the constantly running birdbath....

Yes, yes, yes....finally! Finally, after several weeks of fighting with this young Woodpecker, I've managed to steal a picture...



I have literally been crawling commando style along my living room floor, every day for weeks, in hopes of sneaking up on this silly little bird and snapping a photo through the window. Each and every time the Woodpecker would sense the slightest movement, off it would fly to hide in the full canopy of the front trees. Today, I conquered the Woodpecker. What more can a girl ask for?

I might also add that, lending to the overall atmosphere of Autumn is the ever traditional candy dish full of these...



Oh the utter sugary-ness of these little tri-colored nibbles. In all honesty, they are almost sickening, but you just can't go through the Halloween season without buying at least one bag of these "treats".

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Kim!! One of the things I miss most about North America is Candy Corn and those little candy pumpkins you can get this time of year. They don't do them over here for some odd reason. I guess because Halloween is not a big thing and they don't do Thanksgiving at all. Love the picture of the woodpecker! You got a great shot of him!! Yay for cooler days and nights! HOpe the fires settle down soon. Love and hugs! xxoo

jdavissquared said...

I LOVE candy corn! My husband hates it, but I just have to buy some every year. It's just not fall without them!