Monday, September 28, 2009

The Eyes of June

As many of you know, aside from being a kooky mixed media artist with a "taste for surreal, anthropomorphic animal art", I collect vintage photos. I also sell my "overstock" photos in my Etsy shop called Musty Boxes Ephemera.

A couple of weeks ago, I came across my "June" photos. I would love to share some of them here, with you.

June was a beautiful girl, born in the very early 1900s. I have a huge amount of old pictures that depict her from tot-hood all the way up to her young adult years. She had these amazingly sultry, sexy, almost spooky eyes....breathtaking!

Here she is as a toddler on the farm



and playing with her dog....



Here's June posing with her mom and brother in 1917. Have a look at those eyes!



Can you find June in this classroom photo?



Look at the other children dressed in costumes...



Here she is as a teenager...





And finally, this is my favorite photo of June...



I adore the way the wind is blowing her dress and hair.

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

4 comments:

Diane Duda said...

these are wonderful! i especially love the group shots.

Sarah said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comment! I have enjoyed having a look at Gerushia's new world-and reading about the origins-poor Gerushia. I bet she would love this new world. I liked looking at the eyes of June too. See you soon-at the party if not before!
Sarah

Marie Rayner said...

I just love these old pictures of June. I adore looking at old photographs of any kind. I love what you do with them Kim. I treasure my bunny and puppy ones that I got from you so very much. I can't wait to see what you do with these!

T.Allen said...

I love old photos! How lucky you are to have so many of June's lifetime.