Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankfulness

~~I am so very sad that I dropped my digital camera on a concrete path. It is broken through and through.

I am thankful that my daughter has a camera exactly like mine and has offered to share it with me.



~~I truly loathe cutting raw onions.

I am thankful that my husband is willing to take on that chore. While I am here, tapping on my computer, he is chopping onions for our holiday dressing.



~~I miss having family and friends to celebrate holidays with, as we have no folks or friends nearby.

I am thankful that my little family of five is festive, boisterous and noisy enough to make it feel like we have a full house.



~~I am often regretful of our choice to live in this particular city.

I am thankful that we have a home.



~~I am downhearted that both my mom and dad have passed away. It makes the holidays a bit lonely.

I am thankful for the time spent with them, and that my kids have fabulous memories of them.



~~I am irritated at the rambunctious, water splattering birds in my front yard birdbath. It sits right in front of the window, therefore the window needs constant cleaning.

I am thankful for the rambunctious, water splattering birds in my front yard birdbath. They offer a colorful circus everyday!



~~I am sometimes regretful of the choices I've made in life.

I am thankful for the freedom to make my own choices.



~~I am never, ever happy with my weight.

I am thankful that I have food in the pantry.



~~I am constantly worried about my kids and hopeful that Gary and I have helped to guide them in the right direction.

I am thankful everyday for my kids and wouldn't change a thing.



I do hope you all have a warm and happy Thanksgiving:
Kim

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Kim, we are more alike than you know! Many of your fears are my own and I am thankful for many of the same things. I am especially thankful for our friendship!! xxoo

Unknown said...

oh, you have warmed my soul today!
such a wonderful mix of poignant and amusing - the food part amused me:)

i do hope you have all had a very pleasant holiday, and that those you miss remain eternally alive and joyous in your hearts.

x

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I read this post 3 times over. I love every word you wrote. So true and heart-felt. Bravo!
Amy