Friday, February 24, 2012

In The Blink of An Eye...

Isn't it scary to think that in the blink of an eye...your whole world can change.  Sometimes for the better and sometimes not.  You put your head on your pillow at night, close your eyes to sleep and you have no idea what the next day might bring.

This can be a good thing for....someone who is going to win the lottery or get a big promotion etc...BUT, this is also a very scary thing when the unknown could be tragedy.

I make a point (force myself, really) to think of good things while I'm trying to go to sleep.  I think about art projects...




I think about my garden...



and sometimes I think about my kids when they were little...






A few nights ago...that's exactly what I did before going to sleep.  I was planning out my garden and was lulled into sleep with visions of cottage garden colors and lovely homegrown vegetables.  But....little did I know, while I was dreaming of sweet smelling flowers...



and delicious tomatoes...




my mortgage company was busy taking my mortgage payment out of my bank 2 weeks early!  What????

 I get up the next morning, pour a hot cup of coffee...


and turn on my computer.  I needed to pay some bills so I signed into my bank account....are you kidding me?  Immediate panic set in.  How in the world am I going to fix this?

So...I spent the next several hours on the phone.  I talked to several different people at the mortgage company, then, talked to several different people at my bank...THEN, talked to more people at my mortgage company.  All I want to know is when can this huge mistake be fixed?  It doesn't work for our budget and it left us with, well...zero to be exact!  I am told that, indeed, it can be fixed, BUT, it will take a full 2 weeks for the mortgage company to reverse the charge.  2 WEEKS???

At this point, we still have several days until our next "payday", so I'm having a huge "panic sale" in my Art Shop.  I have re-priced every single item in my shop and discounted each item by 50%.  This even includes my 2 newest pieces "Miss. Lilly's Roadside Motor Hotel" ...



and "Guardian of Winter's Bride".



So...if you've been thinking about purchasing some of my art...now's the time.  I welcome you to take advantage of me!  At 50% off, this means that my little ACEO prints are only $2.50 each, my standard 4" x 6" prints are only $7.00 each and my originals are now down to $30.00 each (except for my two newest pieces).  Please...stop by and have a look around.  Or...if you can't afford to buy (which, believe me, I can totally understand), maybe you can share this sale on your blog, facebook or twitter.  I surely would appreciate any help in passing the word around.

We only have 6 more days to go before "payday"...but when you've been left with nothing, 6 days feels like an eternity!

Curses to my mortgage company!
xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

2 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I hope all is sorted soon Kim. Such things are distressing to say the least. Hope your "eternity" passed quickly and things are soon back to normal. As always I love your work. You are a true talent. xxoo

Momo Luna S!gnals said...

Hi Kim,
oh my, i know exactly how you feel. Today i payed the most important bills and the money was gone again, not even enough for all bills. And 3 weeks to go for my next payday. I am thinking of selling my older work for low prices but will it help?
I wish i could help you, for i love your art, but i have no money for the extras in life.
Take care, i wish you all the best,
sweet greetz, Monica