Monday, February 6, 2012

My Superbowl Sunday ~

Hello There:

It is a chilly and overcast Monday...just right for February.  Although, this winter has shared very few brisk days with the residents of Southern California, so, I suppose the drab and sullen gray sky should be a welcome sight.  I am making an effort to welcome it, anyway!

Yesterday was "Superbowl Sunday".  I don't watch football, or any sports for that matter.  However, I do enjoy preparing food for the day, as my family does watch the game....if for no other reason than to keep their dad company (yep...my husband is a sports fan).  So, I prepare the food and then I find myself with an entire day free, to plot and play, to stroll or relax...I did a little of this and a little of that ~ 

I found myself in the garden, peeking for new signs of life.  Little snippets of color teasing the winter ~



Ruffles of foliage, holding the secret of a vibrant orange California Poppy ~


I found myself rearranging the treasures on my dining room hutch ~ 


...and admiring my newest vintage CDV...little Jennie Quigley.  She was a Scottish sideshow performer ~


Jennie has a new home on the fireplace mantel...right along side a few other sideshow performers! ~ 


I worked in my studio a bit...building the undershape for Humpty...still a long way to go ~ 


I went on a search through a tool box in the garage...looking for some Humpty Eyes ~ Hmmmm, silver or copper?


I started working up some new character creations...just the very beginnings~ 


I even took out a spot of time to sit down and admire and read one of my favorite books..."Old Black Fly" by Jim Aylesworth and illustrated by the great Stephen Gammell.  OH how I adore the art of Stephen Gammell ~ 



These are the best days.  The Everydays.  The days that find me staying home with no obligations and nowhere to be.  These are the days that connect me and ground me.  A peek in the garden here, an hour in the studio there.  A patchwork of home, I reckon. 

So...as I witnessed another day pass and am watching a new day progress,  I am, again, reminding myself to take notice of the Everydays.  Smells, sights, hopes.  The knowledge that in order to have this ~ 


You have to have this ~ 



Until Tomorrow:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S.  I am beyond thrilled to tell you...I just got the word that the very first issue of "Pasticcio Panoply" is out. I am humbled to have my piece "Miss. Lilly's Roadside Motor Hotel" included in this first issue ~ 


P.P.S. Just so you know...I am still participating in the "Photo A Day Challenge"...but, I've decided to call it the "Almost Everyday Photo Challenge"!!  It's going to be very difficult for me to post a daily photo, especially on the weekends, but I will post as often as I can.

Okay...bye bye for reals!

No comments: