Friday, October 9, 2009

Photo Phriday

Well, good morning everyone. A lovely morning it is...a fresh breath of Autumn is all around. My birdbath is filled with frolicking and fighting birds of all types and colors, and my Jack-O-Lantern flag is lightly swaying in the breeze. All in all, I think it is a lovely Friday...a Photo Phriday to be exact.

One of my greatest joys is collecting vintage photos. If I could, I would buy every one of them and keep them all to myself, but alas ~ how selfish that would prove me to be!

I collect all sorts of specific types of photos. I adore photos that depict folks wearing striped stockings, or button boots or big hats. I'm always on the watch-out for anything eerie or unexplainable. My biggest collecting challenge is finding photos that depict people that remind me of fairy tale characters...children's book characters, nursery rhyme characters ~ well, you get the gist of it, yes?

These character finds are far and few between, and I don't have many of them, but I am always on the watch.

Today, I'd like to share with you two of my character finds...

Alice Liddell from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


This little girl is truly my idea of Alice. Most movies depict Alice to be much older than she was in the books. When I read the books, I picture Alice to be 7 and looking quite like this pretty little one.

Little Red Riding Hood

This is one of my Little Red Riding Hood photos. Once upon a time, I had another photo that depicted Little Red perfectly, but it was sold to help pay for some of my mom's medical expenses. However, the little girl in this photo is still a good character, even without a hood! She does have a cape and I imagine it to be red. Have a close look at the doll's face. The eyes, nose and mouth have been hand drawn.

I hope you've enjoyed viewing two of my treasured character photos.

Until Next Time:
Kim
Gerushia's New World

1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

I love both of these Kim. They are real treasures.